Top 5 Reasons to Use Vacation Property Management Software with your Vacation Rental
Many vacation property owners start renting out their vacation homes as an additional source of income and to help pay their mortgage. In the beginning it sounds like a great idea. But, few understand the commitment in time and resources that are needed to run a vacation property rental business. Even with a single property, the list of tasks that needs to be coordinated to make that rental profitable is daunting, to say the least.
When trying to manually manage all the tasks that are associated with a rental property, many homeowners find themselves completely overwhelmed. That?s where vacation property management software comes in. Today?s software programs, especially designed for vacation rentals, can streamline the booking and management of one or multiple properties.
Organization and Automation with Vacation Property Management Software
The whole idea with using a software program is to help you organize and automate the mundane day-to-day tasks that are associated with your vacation. Here are the top 5 reasons to use vacation property management software:
1. Remove yourself from the booking process by letting guests book (or request) their vacations online with an interactive booking calendar that you can embed on your website.
2. Never worry about overbooking and always know exactly when your reservations have been made with a software system that will sync online reservations with your master calendar.
3. Save time by automating email scheduling and by using built in email templates that send confirmations, follow-ups, reminders, instructions, directions, and thank-you?s without your involvement.
4. Increase your average sale by up-selling your guests with additional amenities, special offers, promotions, and deals.
5. Maximize your bookings, and minimize your housekeeping expenses by setting minimum stay rules.
Vacation property management software generally ranges from $100 to $1,000's per year. Many programs have fees associated to the number of properties you have set up in the software system. Look for a company that will let you test drive the software with a free trial before you purchase.
The time saving with vacation property management software can be tremendous. Your vacation home once again becomes a pleasure to enjoy, instead of a responsibility you dread.
About the Author
John Amato is the founder of Bookerville LLC, and has been heavily involved in the vacation rental industry for over ten years.
Bookerville Vacation Rental Software easily and inexpensively manages 1 to 1000?s of properties. Over $350 million dollars worth of rental bookings have been completed through Bookerville. The company offers a free 30-day trial of its vacation rental software. Have questions or want more information? Contact John Amato at Bookerville today.
John Amato, May 21, 2019:
I wanted to circle back to this still-relevant article by adding 5 more reasons to use vacation property management software:
1. Guest Services Mobile App - automatically send your guests an easy link to a Guest Services Mobile app
that has everything they need or want at their fingertips.
2. Owner Statements - generate reports for your owners that reflect booking revenue less all owner-paid expenses (including your commissions) to arrive at Net Due Owner totals.
3. Contract Management - automate your custom contracts with auto-fill, and automatic tracking of agreed-to status.
4. Housekeeping Mobile App - your housekeeping staff is also empowered with a Housekeeping Mobile App
that tells them what to clean, how to clean it, and when to do it based on occupancy/need. They can report issues, maintenance needs, theft/damage, and even upload photos to document in your dashboard.
5. "Smart" Search Bar - a sophisticated, availability & feature-based Multi-Property Search bar that you can embed into your own website with custom colors to match.