Using Facebook to Promote Your Vacation Rental
In this article, I'm going to discuss my experience using Facebook and how you can use it to promote your vacation rental.
First, I just ran across a great article from Vacation Rental Services that discusses this exact thing: http://vacationrentalservices.net/using-facebook-to-promote-your-vacation-rental/My own two cents about using Facebook to promote your property:
1) Facebook is free. If you don't have a website, you could just have a Facebook page instead.
2) You can invite all your facebook friends to "like" your property.
3) Facebook is not just for teenagers anymore. According to iStrategy Labs
, "In 2010, the 35+ demographic now represents more than 30% of the entire user base," and "The 55+ audience grew a whopping 922.7% in 2009."
4) You can interact with your friends about your property, easily post photos, link to local events and attractions, gather that all important feedback in order to make improvements and changes.
5) Add a link to your Bookerville calendar.
6) After you get more than 25 "likes" you can create a custom username, like this one: http://www.facebook.com/twocasitas
More to come, let me know what you think.
dlxhivac, April 10, 2016: